Who are the community leaders? Are they a select few? Who will become leaders tomorrow? People need opportunity and mentoring to develop into good leaders.
Principles of Community Leadership include:
- Promote active and representative participation toward enabling all community members to meaningfully influence the decisions that affect their lives.
- Engage community members in learning about and understanding community issues, and the economic, social, environmental, political, psychological, and other impacts associated with alternative courses of action.
- Incorporate the diverse interests and cultures of the community in the community development process; and disengage from support of any effort that is likely to adversely affect the disadvantaged members of a community.
- Work actively to enhance the leadership capacity of community members, leaders, and groups within the community.
- Be open to using the full range of action strategies to work toward the long term sustainability and well being of the community.
The nursery for leadership is in everyone’s hands. What are you doing at the moment to foster the talents of this community?
Our Community Leadership Projects include:
Golden Clock Awards
Strengthening Rural Communities Tool Kit
Youth at the Council Table