Zone R5 Large Lot Residential
1. Objectives of zone
- To provide residential housing in a rural setting while preserving, and minimising impacts on, environmentally sensitive locations and scenic quality.
- To ensure that large residential lots do not hinder the proper and orderly development of urban areas in the future.
- To ensure that development in the area does not unreasonably increase the demand for public services or public facilities.
- To minimise conflict between land uses within this zone and land uses within adjoining zones.
- To facilitate and promote an increased range of living opportunities by providing for low intensity residential development compatible with the rural characteristics of the locality.
2. Permitted without consent
Environmental protection works; Home-based child care; Home occupations.
3. Permitted with consent
Bed and breakfast accommodation; Building identification signs; Business identification signs; Dual occupancies; Dwelling houses; Group homes; Home industries; Kiosks; Neighbourhood shops; Plant nurseries; Roads; Roadside stalls; Sewage reticulation systems; Any other development not specified in item 2 or 4.
Air transport facilities; Airstrips; Amusement centres; Boat building and repair facilities; Car parks; Charter and tourism boating facilities; Commercial premises; Correctional centres; Crematoria; Depots; Entertainment facilities; Electricity generating works; Extractive industries; Freight transport facilities; Function centres; Heavy industrial storage establishments; Helipads; Home occupations (sex services); Industrial retail outlets; Industrial training facilities; Industries; Intensive livestock agriculture; Marinas; Mooring pens; Moorings; Mortuaries; Open cut mining; Public administration buildings; Recreation facilities (indoor); Recreation facilities (major); Registered clubs; Research stations; Residential accommodation; Restricted premises; Rural industries; Service stations; Sewerage systems; Sex services premises; Signage; Storage premises; Tourist and visitor accommodation; Transport depots; Truck depots; Vehicle body repair workshops; Vehicle repair stations; Warehouse or distribution centres; Waste or resource management facilities; Wholesale supplies.