Zone RU1 Primary Production
1. Objectives of zone
- To encourage sustainable primary industry production by maintaining and enhancing the natural resource base.
- To encourage diversity in primary industry enterprises and systems appropriate for the area.
- To minimise the fragmentation and alienation of resource lands.
- To minimise conflict between land uses within this zone and land uses within adjoining zones.
- To encourage tourist and visitor accommodation that does not have an adverse impact on agricultural activities.
- To allow for the development of non-agricultural land uses that are compatible with the character of the zone.
2. Permitted without consent
Environmental protection works; Extensive agriculture; Forestry; Home-based child care; Home businesses; Home occupations; Intensive plant agriculture.
3. Permitted with consent
Air transport facilities; Airstrips; Animal boarding or training establishments; Aquaculture; Bed and breakfast accommodation; Boat launching ramps; Boat sheds; Building identification signs; Business identification signs; Camping grounds; Caravan parks; Cellar door premises; Cemeteries; Community facilities; Correctional centres; Crematoria; Depots; Dual occupancies (attached); Dwelling houses; Eco-tourist facilities; Educational establishments; Environmental facilities; Extractive industries; Farm buildings; Farm stay accommodation; Flood mitigation works; Freight transport facilities; Helipads; Highway service centres; Home industries; Home occupations (sex services); Industrial training facilities; Information and education facilities; Intensive livestock agriculture; Jetties; Landscaping material supplies; Open cut mining; Plant nurseries; Recreation areas; Recreation facilities (major); Recreation facilities (outdoor); Research stations; Roads; Roadside stalls; Rural industries; Rural supplies; Rural workers’ dwellings; Secondary dwellings; Timber yards; Veterinary hospitals; Water recreation structures; Water supply systems; Wharf or boating facilities.
Any development not specified in item 2 or 3.