An Ideal Weekend
for a Lifelong Escape

I want to


Learn more about COVID-19


Lodge a request / report an issue


Pay my rates


Contact council


See local Events


Register my cat or dog


Apply for a building certificate


Water Conservation

Mayor, Cr Neil Smith

G'day and welcome to Junee and our Shire

We love this corner of the world and hope you do too. Stop any local and ask for directions, we welcome any opportunity to help. Our town and villages are brimming with things to see and do, so please pause, take a stroll and soak up our inclusive and easy going life style.

Featured Stories

Artboard 1 copy 3

Doing Business

If you have a vision for the future and the skills to achieve it, Junee has…

Artboard 1 copy

Living in Junee

The air is clean, the light is bright and your horizon doesn’t end with your…

Artboard 1 copy 2

Your Council

Junee has a very real sense of pride, ownership and community.
Artboard 1

Online Mapping

Have a look at your property, find a place of interest, services provided…

It’s at times like these you realise how important your community really is. Last year we spent time in one of our communities, the beautiful town of Junee in southern NSW. Video and commentary courtesy of Inland Rail.

Latest News

Here's one for all you train buffs...

3801 video which we had produced in April 2021 when the train was in Junee. Click and enjoy.

Upcoming Events

Showing at the Athenium

The Athenium Theatre Junee are proud to announce the screening of the very funny, family movie 'SING 2' Date: Friday, 29 April 2022 Time: 6pm doors open for 6:30pm movie start Cost:… Continue reading Showing at the Athenium

Find out more »
Athenium Theatre, Broadway, Junee.,

Junee Rotary Farmers Markets

The Junee Rotary Farmers Markets are are held on the first Sunday of each month (excluding January) in the car park of the Junee Ex-Services Memorial Club. The market features… Continue reading Junee Rotary Farmers Markets

Find out more »
Junee Ex-Services Club Car Park, 75 Broadway Street ,Junee,

Vintage Speedway and Kart Meeting

Caterories Include: Vintage Sprintcars, Modifieds (pre-1983), Classic Rear Engine F-500s and Gasworks All Sorts, Compacts, Speedcars, Speedway Sedans, Gasworks Club Sliders and Speedway Karts. Spectators entry fees: Adults: $10, Pension… Continue reading Vintage Speedway and Kart Meeting

Find out more »
Illabo Motorsport Park, Illabo Showground Road,

School Zone Safety

You are responsible for your children’s safety.

This is a quick guide to school zone parking rules and signs at your children’s school. Fines apply for parking in wrong areas or speeding in school zones, so it’s important to understand school zone signs.

You can download a Glove Box Guide to help you stick to the rules. 

Sites and Connections